From a very interesting tweet:
@MeghanAtBMC: VMWorld infrastructure is running 37,248 VM's on 776 ESX servers w/total of 37TB of Memory 348TB Storage
The next set of questions coming from someone that manages a datacenter:
Can we get a whitepaper/post mortem report on:
- How this datacenter ran during the show?
- What issues did you see?
- What worked well?
- How many VMotions happened?
- How many HA events occurred?
- How many IOPS occurred?
- How many last minute change requests for more CPU, Memory, Disk, Extra VMs come through?
- What kind of change management was in place for this?
- What were the support policies?
- How many admins were involved?
- How many hack attacks occurred?
- What kind of security issues were seen?
- What kind of repair worked happened?
- What was Lab Manager used for?
- What was View used for?
- What versions of everything that were used?
- Did you have any FT VMs? How did they work?
Any other questions datacenter folks would be intersted in? I know I'm just itching to know.