When you update your Onboard Administrator on HP c-Chassis to 2.5x, the OA will start to check if the Power Management version is new enough and if it is not it will give you a Major Error with details of : C01668472
To update this you need to either have a running OS or you can do the following steps using tools you have already downloaded most likely.
- Boot off bbFirmware CD via the iLO Virtual Media
- At the boot: prompt type in console and hit enter. Don't hit the default.
- Wait for a console shell prompt to come up. This may take a couple minutes.
- Mount a Folder (which will show up as a USB device to the OS) via the iLO to the directory you have put the PowerManagement update in. It is smart to minimize how many files are in that directory.
- Type in mkdir /mnt/power
- Type in mount /dev/sda /mnt/power
- Type in cd /mnt/power
- Type in ./CP011627.scexe
- Once this is complete go ahead and reboot the box via the iLO.
That should address this issue.